X Factor Contestants News


Friday 12 July 2013

Olly Murs Quits Xtra Factor

Olly Murs has revealed why he quit The Xtra Factor - juggling the role with his music left him feeling “more like a product than a human”.

Olly, runner-up in X Factor’s 2009 series, presented the ITV2 spin-off show with Caroline Flack for two years before bowing out ahead of the next series.


He said: “It’s going to be a shame not to do The Xtra Factor again. I’m gutted because it’s been a huge part of my life for the last two years.


“But I think whoever Caroline decides to pick, whoever the bosses decide to pick to replace me is going to be great. I don’t know if she would do it on her own.


“And we’ll see what happens in the future. I mean, you never know.


“Everything that I’m doing now is for my future and for my family for the rest of my life, so I’m trying to build something for everyone.


“I’ll always be working because I love working but it’s about getting the balance right.


“I remember watching the Big Reunion recently and one of the popstars was saying that you do sometimes feel more of a product than a human being.


“I don’t get four weeks holiday a year - I only get one week or two weeks sometimes - and I don’t get weekends off like everyone else. I have missed that.


“Fundamentally, you need time off to refresh your memory and brain.


“I love it, but it is a lot of pressure.” Late last year, Olly topped the charts with single Troublemaker, featuring Flo Rida, and album Right Place Right Time, and has toured the UK and the US.


He added that he wants his songwriting to speak for itself when it comes to critics who dismiss him as an X Factor flash-in-the-pan.


He said: “The reviews of the tour have been incredible. People who haven’t necessarily been fans of me before have come along and loved it, which is always what you want.


“It’s been great to show different sides to my personality as an artist and as a musician. I love playing the guitar and it’s nice to show people that I’m capable of that.


“There’s always this stigma with X Factor - people think you come off the show and you record in booths and you don’t even hear the songs, you just do them.


“But I do actually write. I’ve had four No1 records so far and I’ve been a part of all four of those songs. I love the process of songwriting.


“We’ve now sold 600,000 copies of Troublemaker in America, which is incredible. I’m really pleased so far with how it’s progressed.


“It’s something that needs to keep growing. I need to get over there more if I want to make it happen.


“Is it something that I want long term? Yeah, maybe. But conquering the UK and Europe is probably more realistic. I think UK-wise I’ve done really, really well and I’ve still got more to achieve.”


With the singer’s tour drawing to a close in Belfast tonight, he is due to travel across Europe in June as Robbie Williams’ support act. And he can’t wait to take on the singer at footie.


He said: “Obviously the Robbie Williams tour is going to be huge. And on the football field it’s Murs vs Williams. We are literally going to have a five-a-side game.


“I’ve told him about it. I’ve sent him pictures of me and the team. He’s ready for it.


“I think secretly he’s getting the guys in shape for it for sure.


“If he got injured before a big show I could always cover for him, it’s not a problem. Joking aside, it’ll be good fun.


“But it will just be good to hang out with Robbie. For me a tour is about not only going out there and doing a great performance.


“It’s also about enjoying it with the people around you.


“I think that’s why Robbie’s got me on tour, not just because he wants me to put on a good show but genuinely because I’m a good guy, I’m a good mate of his and we can have a bit of a laugh.”


Performing to his fans at the London O2 on Saturday, Olly asked the crowd to sing Ant and Dec’s Let’s Get Ready To Rhumble — which unexpectedly hit No1 this week.


And the chart-topper added: “Love it! I’m so delighted.


“I didn’t quite watch them perform it on Saturday Night Take-away so I watched it back and I thought it was absolutely brilliant.


“You know what, fair play to them, it’s a great tune. I love the lads and I love the song. I’ve definitely downloaded it.”


Providing X Factor News, Information And Reviews Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movies Downloads

Movies Downloads